Make An Enquiry or Book Now
Obtaining a warrant of fitness
A warrant of fitness (WoF) is a regular check that your vehicle meets required safety standards at the time of inspection. It’s your job to keep your vehicle in warrantable condition at all times. For example, while tyres on your vehicle may pass on the day of your warrant inspection, you’ll need to replace them as soon as the tread gets to the minimum depth. If you wait until the next inspection before replacing them, you increase your risk of having a crash or receiving a fine.
WHY DO I NEED TO HAVE A CURRENT WARRANT OF FITNESS?
- It is a mandatory requirement to legally operate on public roads in New Zealand
- A current WOF certifies your vehicle’s roadworthiness at the time of inspection
- A WOF ensures that all your vehicle’s safety systems such as brakes, exhaust system, lights, steering, suspension and seat belts are in good working order
- A current WOF will help you avoid costly Traffic Infringement Notices (tickets) for driving a non-warranted vehicle
To comply with your vehicle’s insurance policy. If your vehicle has no rego or WOF, your policy may be invalid
WHAT ARE THE DANGER SIGNS OF A VEHICLE WITHOUT A CURRENT WOF?
- Wandering across road
- Clunking sound from under the car
- Squealing sound
- Juddering through steering wheel when applying brakes
- Soft brake pedal
- Car pulling to one side under braking
- Handbrake pulls up too high
- Smell of deadly fumes inside car
- Excess noise
- Tread depth is below 1.5mm
- Car veers to side of road
- Tread pattern worn on edges or steel wires exposed
THERE MAY BE NO WARNING SIGNS
WHY USE Enhanced Motors?
Enhanced Motors are a New Zealand owned and operated business employing highly skilled technicians. They will ensure your vehicle is back on the road with the least hassle and with great value for money. All Enhanced Motors’s work is satisfaction guaranteed!
WHAT IF I NEED REPAIRS FROM HAVING A WOF CHECK?
Enhanced Motors offer on the spot repairs for many vehicle faults, with competitive prices and a written guarantee covering parts and workmanship. Of course, no work will be carried out without your prior approval.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD MY VEHICLE BE INSPECTED FOR A WOF AND WHEN SHOULD MY VEHICLE’S OTHER SYSTEMS BE CHECKED?
- 6 months if vehicle registered before 1st January 2000
- 12 months if vehicle registered from 1st January 2000
- Braking Systems – Every 15,000 km
- Shock Absorbers – Every 25,000 km
- Exhaust Systems – Every 20,000 km
- Lubrication Systems – Every 10,000 km
These systems can be inspected by qualified Enhanced Motors personnel. Simply drive into any Enhanced Motors branch or book here!